Installation and user guide
1) Connect your headset to your computer
- Plug the DisplayPort, USB cables, and power adapter into your computer.
- 1. Plug the USB cable into USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 port on your computer.
- 2. Plug the USB cable and DisplayPort into the DisplayPort port on your graphics card. Do not plug the DisplayPort into the motherboard.
- 3. The connection between the cable and the PC desktop is as shown in the figure below:
- 4. After the device is properly connected, the screenshot of the PC is as follows.
- 5. If you do not have base station, select 9-Axis mode in tracking mode.
Note: New shipped headsets are designed without power adapter.
note: If you mainly into Sims then no Lighthouses are not required as you can use 3DoF mode. However many simmers will recommend having at least 1 Lighthouse; the reason is the ability to lean. Without a lighthouse you cannot lean forward, backwards or Left & Right. So for example if you do a shoulder check in a car sim your view maybe obscured by the headrest.
2) PiTool Installation Notes
- 1. Please make sure your NVIDIA card driver is the latest version before installation.
- 2. PiTool Download link
- 3. Before installing pitool, we recommended to close security guards and anti-virus software first.
- 4. PiTool User Manual
3) How to use SteamVR
- 1. Browse Steam official website, click to download and install the Steam, as shown below
- 2. After installing the Steam software, open Steam, click on the Library-Tools, find Steam VR, click Install.
- 3. After installation, open SteamVR, the first time you need Steam VR room settings, click Run Room Setup first.
- 4. Select standing only mode.
- 5. Calibration space, when the head-mounted display is ready, click Next.
- 6. To calibrate the ground, it is recommended that your headset be placed facing the display and placed on the ground. Enter “0” and click Next to complete.
- 7. The Steam VR interface displayed after the room setup is completed is as follows.
4) How to watch videos (without controllers and basestations)
- 1. After opening SteamVR, right-click SteamVR to find the prompt to run the media player and click run.
- 2. The SteamVR Media Player, you can find the file path where you can find your videos and select it on the left side, click on the video to play it.
- 3. The built-in player has a rich play functionality, and the user can adjust the settings according to the requirements. The following is the main interface of the player.
5) Other recommended video players（without controllers and basestations）
- NO.1 Simple VR Video Player (Need to start SteamVR)
- 2. Move the mouse to the player and click it. The cursor will turn into a red dot where it can be controlled via the headset through head movement. The red dot uses the head movement control.
- 3. Move the read dot with your head, select menu and find files. You can find and select your video here.
- 4. Basic settings can be found under the video alongside an interface to switch between 360-degree format, 180-degree format, 3D SBS (left and right format), and 3D OU (up and down format).
6) SteamVR game with keyboard/mouse support (without controllers and basestations）
- 1、War Thunder
- 2、DCS World Steam Edition
- 3、X-Plane 11
- 4、Assetto Corsa
- 5、Age of Sail
- 6、Project CARS – Pagani Edition
- 7、Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator
- 8、Titans of Space 2.0
- Thank you for choosing Pimax.
- To learn more please click Knowledge Base and Electronic Manual